Assistant Wellness Director
Assist the Wellness Director in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Wellness Department in accordance with current federal and state guidelines and regulations to assure compliance.This position assists the Wellness Director in providing residents assessments and staff management including training and evaluating nursing services to improve utilization of staff time and their abilities to provide quality care to the residents.
- Assists the Wellness Director in planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating the department as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the facility.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and periodically updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Wellness Department and defines the nursing service objectives and philosophies.
- Assists the Wellness Director in making written and oral reports/recommendations to the Executive Director as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the department.
- Develops methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Develops, implements and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the department based upon HCFA clinical indicators, Brandywine monthly quality Indicator report and identified issues/problems.
- Develops short and long- term plans for the departments that are compatible with those of the center and Brandywine Living.
- Functions as a role model in care delivery and provide high level of current, research based, clinical expertise and advanced clinical decision.
Education/Training:Must possess a RN nursing degree from an accredited college or school of nursing. Current state unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse required.
Experience: Three to five years management experience preferred.Previous experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care community or other related medical facility is required.
Moves intermittently during working hours and subject to frequent interruptions.May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors and must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Position requires proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of drug interactions, side effects, and incompatibilities, decision-making skills; minimal typing skills; auditory and visual skills, and the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach, and push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Brandywine at The Savoy
55-15 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Ideally situated in Little Neck, New York on the Queens Nassau boarder, this six-story building has something to offer on each floor. Just a short distance from the city, many employees their spend time off shopping, sight seeing, and dining in the city that never sleeps!