Plan, direct and coordinate activities to provide life-enriching events for resident and the community; coordinate a successful volunteer program and ensure the interests and the physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident is maintained.
- Directs the Escapades staff in the fulfillment of project assignments within budget, with quality and on schedule.
- Provides indirect supervision of volunteers.
- Staff supervision with direct responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating,performance appraisals, goals setting, and developing procedures to ensure achievement of those goals.
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with all departments involved with the care plan to ensure that a team effort is achieved in developing a comprehensive plan of care.
- Visits residents and provides assistance with activities.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the activity programs of this facility.
- Develops, administers, and coordinates department policies and procedures.
- Prepares and plans the department's budget for food, equipment, supplies, and labor, and submit to the Executive Director for review, recommendations, and approval; forecasts the needs of the department.
- Meets with Escapades staff on a regular basis to develop, conduct, and evaluate activities.
- Uses computer system and network to develop programs, flyers, notifications, activity calendars, etc.
A High School Diploma / GED Diploma. Pennsylvania requires drivers pass
the BHSL Direct Care Competency Test. College degree preferred, recreation therapist certification desirable. Must possess a valid driver's license.
*In the state of Delaware a DOT Certification Physical (FMCSA National Registry Certified) is required.
Minimum of three years
recreation therapy supervisory experience preferred. Must possess leadership
skills, willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and
non-professional staff, good human relations, strong verbal and written
communications and ability to effectively deal with people at different
organizational levels both inside and outside the company. Must have 5 years of driving experience.
Physical and Sensory Requirements(with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Position requires proficient interpersonal and communication skills; moderate reading, writing and grammar skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, lift, reach, and push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: Moves intermittently during working hours and subject to frequent interruptions. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
Brandywine at Haverford Estates
731 Old Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
Haverford Estates has been described as the Main Line's best kept secret. Located behind the Wilke-Lexus car dealership and the Main Line Art Center, this home-like and cozy Brandywine community is only a two-minute walk away from public transportation on Lancaster Avenue