Administrative Assistant - Wellness
Plan, organize and maintain medical records to ensure charts/records are assembled, checked and filed. Assist in maintaining work schedules and attendance records and provide supplies and equipment in an efficient manner in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
- Assist in organizing, planning and directing medical records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist and maintain workplace schedule and attendance monitoring.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel to assure medical records can be properly maintained.
- Collect, assemble, check and file resident charts and personnel records as required.
- Assist in developing procedures to ensure records are properly completed, signed, indexed, etc. before filing.
- Establish a procedure to ensure charts do not leave the area except as authorized in policies and procedures.
- Maintain a record of authorized information taken from charts/records, i.e. type information, name of recipient, date, department, etc.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.
- Retrieve medical records when requested by authorized personnel.
- Maintain open charts in accurate and thinned condition. Assure discharge charts are completed within 30 days.
- Organize storage and catalog location of supplies requisitions as approved.
- Ensure that equipment and supplies are properly maintained.
High school diploma required. Business college helpful. Knowledge of various computer software, word, excel, etc. required.
Three to five years administrative experience preferred. Proven customer service, organizational and problem-solving skills required. Experience in health-care setting preferred.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach,push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Brandywine at Fenwick Island
21111 Arrington Drive
Selbyville, DE 19975
Located just a few blocks away from Ocean City, Maryland, Fenwick Island is known for its beachy atmosphere and mouth-watering crab cakes! Residents and families enjoy Orioles games, shopping at Harris Teeter, and watching the boats come in and out of the harbor.