Dining Services Director
Plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the dining services department in accordance with applicable federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations are followed to assure the highest degree customer service and quality dining service experience is provided to the residents.
- Direct the planning, development, organization, implementation and evaluation of the dining services department, its programs and activities.
- Assists the dining staff in the development and use of departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Performs administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, and studies to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Develops and maintains a file of tested standard recipes.
- Keeps abreast of economic conditions/situation and recommends adjustments in dining services to assure continued ability to provide quality daily dining services.
- Inspects food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc. for upkeep and supply control.
- Assures compliance with county, state and federal regulations affecting department to assure compliance.
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from wellness department.
- Assist in developing and implementing ongoing quality assurance programs for department.
- Interviews resident or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history and maintains record of food likes and dislikes.
- Maintains adequate liaison with families and residents, visits periodically to evaluate quality of meals served. Involves the family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Ensures menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains a reference library of written material, laws, and diet manuals as necessary for complying with current standards and regulations that provide assistance in maintaining quality food service.
- Assists in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by physician. Reviews therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to assure they are in compliance.
- Prepares and cooks food using menus in the food service program and assist with pre-meal preparation.
Equipment/machines used in the performance of this job
- The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
- Dish machine, Chemical dispenser
- Trash disposal/compacter, Knives
- Stoves, Broiler, Grill, Deep fryer
- Ovens, Steamer, Mixer, Blender
- Robo coupe, Coffee urn
- Beverage dispenser, Steam table
College degree preferred, Culinary school desirable, High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required. Serve Safe Certification required.
Must have a minimum of two years' experience; previous supervisory experience required with one year dietary experience in a hospital, assisted living community or other related medical community preferred. Knowledge of diets and dietary procedures required.
Moves intermittently during working hours and subject to frequent interruptions. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Brandywine at Longwood
301 Victoria Gardens Drive
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Located just one mile away from Longwood Gardens and scenically situated in Kennett Square, this beautiful Brandywine Community is home to many dedicated Philadelphia sports fans, who enjoy games in our movie theater. Employees and residents are as active and bright as the city nearby!