The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the resident's comfort during the admission process and in their transition to the Serenade unit by providing the highest degree of personal attention and customer service.The Butler acts as a liaison between the resident and all other departments to ensure the resident is comfortable and is provided all the attention desired and deserved.
- Meets with managers on a daily basis to discuss any new admissions, concerns, changes, etc.
- Reviews resident's room prior to admission to ensure room is clean and in acceptable move-in condition.
- Contacts appropriate departments as needed i.e. housekeeping, laundry, maintenance to address any resident needs or concerns.
- Greets and escorts new residents to the Serenade unit, orient/escort resident around unit/environment; introduce team members; and orient to the building.
- Performs "Quality Checks" to ensure residents are enjoying their meals.
- Reviews and organizes resident requests and plans responsibilities for the following day
- Acts as liaison between resident and departments to meet overall needs of resident.
- Review menus and collect choices for all meals for the following day for Room Service program.
- Collect and deliver room service selections from dietary department to resident rooms as requested.
- Collects orders for Serenade Dining Room for lunch and dinner; picks up food orders from dietary, serve in Serenade dining room and break down dining room post meal.
- Manage magazine subscriptions for Serenade Unit
- Manage and distribute daily newspapers
- Coordinates daily cocktail hour with Dining Services and serves on Serenade dining room prior to dinner.
- Call residents daily to ensure all service needs are met
- Assist with touring Serenade unit during marketing tours
- Ensure all pantries, common areas, hallways, living rooms, dining rooms are tidy, clean and organized at all times.
- Works with hostess and communicates daily regarding Serenade unit operations and resident needs
High school diploma or state issued GED required
Minimum of two years experience in health care, hospitality, customer service, resident care, social work, or recreation field preferred. Must have genuine interest in working with older adults.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach,push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Brandywine at Haverford Estates
731 Old Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
Haverford Estates has been described as the Main Line's best kept secret. Located behind the Wilke-Lexus car dealership and the Main Line Art Center, this home-like and cozy Brandywine community is only a two-minute walk away from public transportation on Lancaster Avenue