Refl. Coord. Nurse
Plan, organize and manage all clinical operational aspects of the Reflections program by ensuring the highest degree of dementia care is provided to the residents through the implementation of the INVEST mission and the Brandywine standards, dementia training, resident care, and overall clinical operations for memory care. In addition, ensuring all applicable federal and state guidelines and Brandywine policies and procedures are met.
- Conducts monthly in services on various dementia related topics for all staff
- Provides direct support to care management staff for behavior symptom management/resident care approaches
- Utilizes current physical assessment skills and knowledge of nursing principles to assess and monitor residents according to clinical status and needs making appropriate notifications.
- Coordinates, implements, and monitors all resident service plans
- Admits, transfers, and discharge residents as required.
- Provides written and/or oral status reports of residents to assure necessary follow up actions.
- Assists the physician on rounds and ensures that pertinent information is communicated to and from him/her and orders are taken correctly.
- Assists in resident rehabilitation activities. Where required, performs range of motion, assists in ambulation, and provides emotional support. Monitors the results of physical therapy activities.
- Gives direct physical and psychological nursing care in emergencies, as well as in the presence of illness or disability in order to maintain life, provide comfort, reduce stress, and enhance the resident's ability to cope.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician and utilizing all standards/policies of medication administration.
- Assists in the development of resident care assignment sheets.
Education/Training: Licensed practical nurse required.Advanced training in dementia care desired.
Experience: Previous experience with Dementia population preferred.Previous experience in a hospital, assisted
living, skilled nursing care or other related medical community required.
Moves intermittently during working hours and subject to frequent interruptions.May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors and must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Physical and Sensory Requirements(with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Position requires proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of drug interactions, side effects, and incompatibilities, decision-making skills; minimal typing skills; auditory and visual skills, and the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach, and push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Brandywine at Fenwick Island
21111 Arrington Drive
Selbyville, DE 19975
Located just a few blocks away from Ocean City, Maryland, Fenwick Island is known for its beachy atmosphere and mouth-watering crab cakes! Residents and families enjoy Orioles games, shopping at Harris Teeter, and watching the boats come in and out of the harbor.